The West German Cancer Center Münster (WTZ) at UKM is the main institution at UKM for the interdisciplinary treatment of tumour patients.
- ensures highly competent and reliable treatment of tumour patients through close interdisciplinary cooperation between various clinics
- treats patients according to the current state of the art through its highly qualified doctors and caregivers
- develops guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of tumour diseases both internally, on an interdisciplinary level, and through national and international cooperation and studies
- endeavours to establish a network of institutions in the vicinity of UKM which deal with the treatment of tumours
- serves the pooling of translational tumour research (transition from laboratory research to clinical application) at the Medical Faculty of Münster University
- is involved in national and international networking with other comprehensive cancer centres, both in research and in clinical treatment.
- serves to increase knowledge and gain new insights, as well as promote an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas among tumour researchers and caregivers for the good of patients.